Full Mouth Restoration
Teeth that have become stained, chipped or missing can make you feel self-conscious about your smile. It can also negatively impact your ability to chew and eat properly.
Restorative dentistry aims to completely restore the health of your mouth. It’s the treatment that replaces missing or damaged teeth. Restorative treatments are important as they fill the chips and empty spaces to help keep your teeth’s alignment intact. They also prevent plaque buildup.
Depending on your dental needs, our top-rated dentists employ a number of treatments:
- Gum Therapy: It’s needed if you have periodontitis, which is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue, and without proper treatment, can destroy the bone supporting your teeth.
- Endodontic Treatment: A root canal therapy is a form of endodontic treatment. It removes the infected dental pulp from inside the tooth.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns, otherwise known as caps, is an artificial tooth used to cover a damaged or decayed tooth. It restores the tooth and prevents further decay.
- Dental Bridges: A dental bridge is a false tooth called a “pontic” that’s held in place by the abutment teeth on each side of the gap.
If you think you need a full mouth restoration in Kanata, our periodontists, hygienists, and dentists can definitely help you. We don’t want your dental problems worsening, so the earlier you come for an appointment, the better. However, if you want some preventative measures at home, here are a few tips:
- Brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day with an electric toothbrush as it can help remove plaque from your teeth.
- Make sure to floss around your teeth
- Try not to chew on hard or sticky foods.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash to help fight plaque bacteria around your teeth.
If you’re looking for a good dentist, then Book An Appointment with us today.